silent [-er] adj
- Quiet; hushed; noiseless; having no sound; [fig.] empty; lonely; solitary; without communication with others.
- Calm; tranquil; undisturbed; peaceful; pacific; not stormy.
- Mute; dumb; not able to speak.
- Concise; habitually taciturn; verbally careful; not inclined to much talking; [fig.] wise; discreet; circumspect.
- Not loud; [fig.] modest; not boasting of itself.
- Still; not flowing; not running; without a ripple; [fig.] not noisy; not babbling; not overly loquacious; (metaphor) reclusive.