smile [-s, -'s] n
see smile, v.
- Upturning of the corners of the mouth; brightening of the features of the face; expression of pleasure, joy, or kindness; facial joy that may include shining eyes.
- Happy moment; joyous experience.
- Kindness; favor; countenance; act of charity; [fig.] comforting messages; uplifting thoughts; letters containing poems or flowers.
- Brightness; pleased countenance.
- Acceptance; favor; sign of approval; expression of encouragement.
smile [-ed, -'s, smiling] v
- Show a happy face; make a facial expression to show pleasure, amusement, affection, moderate joy, love, or kindness.
- Sneer; express contempt; make a scornful look of pleasure at another's discomfort.