- Season of renewal that comes once a year after winter; season characterized by warm days, flowers, and birds singing; the interval from March to June in New England.
- Water source; [fig.] rebirth; resurrection; new life; season of renewal.
- Youth; time of energy, growth, vigor.
- Paradise; the garden of Eden; a desired state of being.
- Creek; fountain; small river.
spring [sprang, sprung] v
- Rebound; bounce back; move up again after intense downward pressure; thrust upward, like a sword; [fig.] arise; resurrect.
- Proceed; find origins; rush forth.
- Come suddenly; come quickly; appear suddenly.
- Fly; take off in flight; lift off.