still [-er, -est] adj
OE 'to be fixed, stand'.
- Quiet; calm; peaceful; tranquil; serene; without commotion.
- Motionless; stationary; inactive.
- Apathetic; unconcerned; indifferent; disinterested; neutral.
- Silenced; subdued; [fig.] chastened; reproved; confounded; shown to be wrong.
- Unobtrusive; inconspicuous; unnoticeable; silent; unexpressive.
- Resolute; steadfast; stalwart; steady; determined; unswerving.
see still, adj.
- Up to the present; until a specified time but not indefinitely.
- Perennially; unfailingly; invariably; repeatedly but not continuously.
- Always; continually; ceaselessly; perpetually; incessantly; forever; continuously; without a break.
- Yet; not now; some time in the future.
- Nevertheless; notwithstanding; regardless; all the same.
still [-s] v
OE 'to make or become still, to soothe, calm, to temper, moderate, tune, to walk with measured noiseless steps'; see still, adj.
- Appease; assuage; placate; satiate; silence.
- Occupy; engage; busy; captivate; engross.
- Suspend; efface; disperse; dissolve; evanesce; cause to disappear; make to vanish.