ME; see stretch, v.
- Undeviating; strict; exact; righteous; perfect; absolute; total; [fig.] constant; steady; single-minded; completely devoted; absolutely faithful.
- Restrictive; confining.
- Strong; intensely powerful.
- Uniform; not crooked; following in line; set down in the same direction.
- Stiff; taut; rigid; [fig.] dead; paralyzed with anguish.
- Narrow; strait; not broad; [fig.] demanding; requiring great sacrifice; (see “straight” in Matthew 3:3 and “strait” in Matthew 7:13-14).
- Undisturbed; in order; made up properly.
- Erect; upright; having good posture; [fig.] alert; aware; vigilant; watchful.
straight [-er] adv
ME; see straight, adj.
- Immediately; at once; right away; in the shortest time possible.
- Normally; understandably; in a customary manner.
- Directly; instantly; effortlessly; [fig.] magically.
- Intensely; effectively; efficiently; powerfully and speedily; [fig.] mortally; with deadly impact.
- Compressed; constrained; like a corpse in a coffin; with the arms set close to the body and the legs stretched out together.
- Uprightly; erectly; vertically; not stooping; with good posture; [fig.] bravely; courageously; valiantly; with valor.