- So much; this kind of; to this extent of.
- Phrase. “such and such”: this kind or that kind; [reference to a person, place or thing not explicitly specified.]
- Phrase. “such a thing as”: anything like; anything comparable to; [reference to the following noun.]
- Phrase. “such a”: a similar; of like quality.
- Phrase. “such a”: so rare; so fine in quality; [intensifier for the noun following].
see such, adj.
- The previously described or specified; the person or thing being mentioned.
- Replaces the persons or things being mentioned.
- Standing predicatively at the head of a sentence or clause and referring summarily to a statement or description just made.