ME 'glossing, mirror'.
- Solar disk.
- Sunset glow.
- Cheerfulness; good disposition; restoration of spirit.
- Radiant light; bright atmosphere; golden glow of the sun; direct sunlight uninterrupted by cloud.
- Daylight; [fig.] happiness; prosperity; favorable influence.
- Warmth and light from the earth's solar star; [fig.] good weather.
- Cold winter daytime weather.
- Golden hue; bright yellow color.
- Phrase. “The Sunshine threw his Hat away”: the sunlight reappeared after a storm; [personification] the sun came out from the clouds.