tender [-er, -est] adj
Fr. 'tender, delicate.'
- Personal; intimate; sensitive; exquisite; emotionally vulnerable; [fig.] airy; ethereal; delicately written; carefully scribed.
- Gentle; subtle; understated; unpretentious; pleasing.
- Refined; delicate; sweet.
- Weak; faint; waning; solicitous.
- Meek; compassionate; long-suffering; understanding; merciful.
- Poignant; thoughtful.
- Young; youthful; little; small; earlier stage; first part of life; not yet fully developed.
- Delicate; soft; lacking harshness.
tender [-er] adv
see tender, adj.
- Sympathetically; with pity; with more sentiment.