term [-s] n
Fr. < L. 'limit, boundary'.
- Moment; minute; interval; set period of time; [fig.] opportunity.
- Name; word; expression; phrase; definition; logic; syllogism of three parts; [word play] time period; [fig.] condition; promise; propositions of a contractual agreement; provision of a legal arrangement.
- Name; identity of an individual.
- Word; expression; lexical item used to identify a thing.
- Length of one's life.
- Condition; restriction on a transaction.
- Limit; boundary; [fig.] measure; line of music; [metaphor] statement; expression in words; line of poetry.
term [-ed] v
OFr 'bring to an end, limit, fix'.
- Named; labeled with a word.