tight [-er, -est] adj
- Securely locked; firmly shut.
- Snug; close; taut; next to the skin.
- Constrained; restricted; curtailed; reduced; decreased amount of oxygen in.
tight [-er, -est] adv
- Firmly; securely.
- Intensely; with increased pressure; with a determination not to let go.
- Restrained; constrained; held captive; narrowly confined; not free to move; in a very small amount of space.
- Closely; narrowly.
- Densely; heavily; [fig.] with intense atmospheric pressure.
- Phrase. “the tighter”: more firmly; in a stronger grip; with greater intensity in touching; with an increase in the pressure of physical contact.