time [-s, -'s] n
- The normal course of events; the passing of minutes and hours, days and years.
- Occasion; moment.
- Particular hour; specific duration; reading of the clock.
- Mortality; life.
- Reiteration; opportunity; repetition of a similar opportunity.
- A long enough period; sufficient duration of minutes, hours, etc.
- Period; duration.
- The proper moment; an appropriate occasion; the correct moment; an acceptable occasion.
- Season; month of the year.
- The present; the current moment.
- Instance; occurrence.
- Measure of linear temporality; measure of the passing of minutes and hours.
- Phrase “in time”: Sufficiently early.
- Phrase “at a time”: at once; together.
- Phrase “all the time”: always; at every moment.