- Denomination; designation; written claim; appellation of royalty, nobility, or privilege; (see John 19:19-20); [fig.] inscription; writing; poetry.
- Surname; [fig.] covenant; promise of future blessings; [metaphor] betrothal; troth; engagement; espousal; pledge of fidelity; plight of true love.
- Name for a book.
- Deed; entitlement; proof of ownership; inherited family name and property; [fig.] last ill and testament.
- Identity; moniker; given name.
- Phrase. “Title Deed”: charter; inscription; official document; legal paper that authenticates a claim.
title [-d] v
see title, n.
- Christened; nominated; given a name; [fig.] elected; chosen; set apart from the world; [metaphor] baptized in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost.
- Promised; entitled; qualified.