tongue [-s] n
- Language; speech; verbal expression; mode of speaking.
- Fleshy, muscular organ in the mouth used to articulate speech sounds.
- Instrument of taste in the mouth.
- Clapper; ringer; thin piece of metal that hangs inside the center of a bell; vibrator that strikes the body of a bell and causes it to ring.
- Voice; [fig.] gurgling; bubbling noise; sound of water flowing over rocks.
- Thin, forked organ in the mouth of serpents, used as an instrument of tactile sensation.
- Power of speech; ability to communicate verbally.