OFr touche, stroke, blow, touch.
- Actual contact; handling with fingers; ministering with hands.
- Act of striking a musical instrument; use of hands in order to produce melodic sound.
- Feeling; tactile sense; ability to come into physical contact.
OFr tochier, to touch.
- Caress; fondle; handle slightly with fingers or hands.
- Reach; attain; come to.
- Come into physical contact with.
- Sip; bring into contact with the lips.
- Move; disarm; affect emotionally; soften feelings of.
- Encounter; discover; arrive at; [fig.] heal; bless; hallow; sanctify; consecrate.
- Induce; motivate; influence; impel; prompt.
- Use any portion of.
- Play; strum; strike in order to create sound.
- Turn to gold by contacting with finger like the fabled King Midas.