town [-s] n
- Village; hamlet; community; small settlement; cluster of homes.
- Civilization; habitations; populated places; settled areas; a group of homes.
- Parish; ward; inhabited location; [fig.] paradise; spirit world for those awaiting the resurrection from the dead.
- Enclosure; field; garden; hedge; yard; walled place;[fig.] season; winter.
- Domain; domicile; manor; territory; [fig.] kingdom.
- Land; upper shore; high beach.
- Homestead; residence; destination; place of origin.
- Crossroads; [fig.] cemetery; graveyard; burial ground.
- Society; urban district; hub of business interaction; place of social gathering.
- Fortification; row of houses; cluster of buildings; [fig.] horizon; sunset.1114/Fr974 to men / An Occidental Town, / Rebuilt another
- Phrase. “Out of town”: gone; not at home; [fig.] dormant; inactive in the growing cycle; not blooming for the season.