try [tried, tries, trying] v
- Bear; endure; remain.
- Strain; struggle.
- Judge; examine judicially; prove by witnesses; examine by principles of law.
- Attempt; essay; seek; test the ability to.
- Endeavor; exert strength; make an effort; work in order to progress; stretch forward to accomplish something.
- Use; utilize; borrow.
- That tries; that tests severely, that is a trial.
- Evaluate; ascertain the relevance, strength, goodness, value, or truth of.1126/Fr1243 / Till I have finer tried – / The Poet searched
- Examine; scrutinize; analyze; make experiment on; take a chance; prove by experiment.
- Phrase. “try one's wings”: attempt to fly; rely on the power of flight; [fig.] relocate; accept the next stage of bereavement; move to the next phase of development.