see back, n.
- In a direction behind.
- Folded down upon itself.
- Away; in a direction away from.
- In response.
- In the past.
- Delayed in time.
- Returning; so as to return; in reverse.
- In remembrance; in retrospect.
- Before; returning in time.
- Phrase. “lay … back”: restore; return to place.
- Phrase. “Take back”: withdraw; renounce; disavow.
back [-s] n
- Unseen upper part; [fig.] boundary; far side; outer form.
- Upper posterior side; shoulder and spinal cord area; dorsal part of the human body.
- Phrase. “Turn one's back”: reject; withdraw from.