behold [-ing, -s, beheld] v
OE bihaldan; see hold, v.
- Consider; contemplate; ponder; think of.
- [Command form intensifier] Lo!; look; pay attention; bear witness; (see 1 Kings 20:13).
- Fix the eyes upon; see with attention; observe with care; (see John 1:29).
- Discover; uncover; find; attain; acquire; achieve; learn; realize; understand; comprehend; experience; come into possession of.
- See; look at; notice; view; watch; fix the mind on; (see Numbers 21:9).
- Discern; feel; observe; perceive; attend to.