brave [-r, -st] adj
Fr. < It. bravo.
- Adventurous; bold; daring; intrepid; willing to explore.
- Valiant; undaunted; fearless; not dismayed; [fig.] willing to try again; persistent in seeking truth.
- Admirable; honorable; noble; dignified; excellent.
- Trusting; hopeful; willing to face adversity; having faith that good will prevail.
- Sturdy; hardy; robust; enduring; long-lasting.
- Courageous; heroic; fearless of danger; fierce in battle.
- Bright; flashy; vivid; lively; buoyant; glorious.
- Resolute; perseverant; determined to survive.
- Loud; noisy; brassy; musical; [fig.] victorious; triumphant.
see brave, adj.
- Clearly; directly; brightly.
- Hero; champion; warrior; protagonist; [fig.] mortal being; dying person.