brother [-s, bretheren] n
OE; ED uses the older spelling of the stem-vowel plural.
- Austin Dickinson; male sibling; man born of the same parents.2/A13-2 never mind faded forests, Austin … prithee, my Brother, / into my garden come!
- Associate; colleague; relative; [personification] nearby planet; heavenly body in the same solar system; correlative object in space.
- Soldier; warrior; compatriot; fighter; enlisted man; participant in a battle; [fig.] hero; savior; rescuer; Christ.
- Son of Adam; male child of God (see Genesis 4:8).
- Ally; companion; neighbor; comrade; collaborator; partner.
- Sibling; person born of the same parents; member of the same family; [fig.] fellow human being (see Genesis 13:8).
- Peer; parallel entity; [fig.] adjoining land; similar territory; corresponding area.
- Inhabitant; citizen; denizen; occupant; fellow creature; co-existing being.