brow [-s] n
OE 'eye-lashes,' 'eyelids,' 'eyebrows,' 'forehead'.
- Field; yard; garden; meadow; woods; forest; place of natural beauty; [personification] forehead; top of the head; (NW cites Shakespeare in the entry for “BROW'BOUND … Crowned; having the head encircled as with a diadem”; see Coriolanus 2.2.98).
- Top; highest point; [metonymy] head; upper end of the human body.
- Hairline; ridge above the eye; [fig.] line; edge; boundary; brink; border.
- Forehead; ridges above the eyes; place on the front of the head above the eyebrows; [fig.] mind; intellect; sophistication; cultural refinement; social achievement.
- Curve; arch; half-circle; [fig.] edge of a crater; shadowy feature on the surface of earth's satellite.
- Face; visage; countenance.
- Rise; incline; prominence; rolling slope; [fig.] curving skyline; arching horizon (see Luke 4:29).