see garden, n.
- Phrase. “Garden bed”: flower patch; planting place; level piece of ground for growing flowers; [see also bed, n.]
- Phrase. “Garden floor”: planting surface; patch of earth; plot of dirt; [see also floor, n.]
- Yard; lawn; outdoor property; cultivated portion of an estate.
- Eden; [fig.] paradise; Elysium; promised land; heavenly afterlife.
- Blossoms; blooms; plants; flower bed.
- Land; territory; fenced area; fenced-off region; [fig.] realm; domain; sphere of influence.
- Plot of ground; place for growing plants; area of land devoted to cultivation of plants.
- Arena; field; (see Luke 8:6); [fig.] creativity; scene of aesthetic action; poetic state of mind; center of artistic endeavor.