see gold, n.
- Gilt; aureate; brightly colored.
- Sunny; beaming; shining; fair; radiant; refulgent.
- Excellent; burnished; refined; polished; worthwhile; most valuable; [fig.] purifying; spiritually sanctifying.
gold [-s] n
- Prize; hoard; reward; cache of precious metal.
- Most precious metal; heavy malleable metallic element that does not easily oxidize.
- Brilliance; brightness; [fig.] eloquence; poetry genius; power, strength, and beauty; [metaphor].
- Money; wealth; riches.
- Light; glory; spiritual fire.
- Value; great worth; [fig.] amity; kindness; cordiality; personal warmth; thoughtful expression.
- Pure element of great worth that alchemists tried to fabricate; [fig.] magic; true love; pure affection; romantic attraction.
- Yellow covering; saffron material; [fig.] pollen.
- Ring; wedding band; token made of fine metal; [fig.] royalty; Deity; godliness; holiness; sanctity.
- Ore; nugget; [fig.] truth; verity; the real thing; the highest standard; not “fool's gold”; the more valuable substance.