Fr. < L.
- Attractive or pleasing quality; appropriate, agreeable charm.
- Goodwill; kindness; virtuous or religious disposition to oblige another.
- Beauty; embellishment.
- Favor conferred.
- Credit; honor.
- Free and unmerited favor of God.
- Reconciliation to God.
- Eternal life; salvation.
- Application of Christ's righteousness to the sinner.
- Share of favor allotted to one by Providence or fortune; appointed fate; lot.
- Permission to do something; leave.
- Ranking royalty or clergy.
- Customary prayer; request for blessing or giving thanks; short prayers before (or after) meals.