end [-s] n
- Conclusion; close; final part; last section; [fig.] death; close of life.
- Bound; limit of duration; concluding time; temporal boundary; final segment.
- Tip; point; terminus; extremity.
- Goal; object; purpose; destination; determination; [fig.] final doom; point of no more progress.
- Result; consequence; outcome; resolution; solution.
- Finish; culmination; diminishing; closure; [fig.] frost; blight.
- Edge; boundary; outer limit; far border.
end [-ed, -s] v
see end, n.
- Stop; cease; halt; terminate; finish; conclude.
- Excuse; allow to go; be done with a task.