see home, n.
- Homeward; toward one's dwelling place; again in the direction of one's habitation after an absence; back to one's loved ones after a period of separation.
- Heavenward; beyond mortality; to paradise; toward immortality; back to the presence of God.
- Back; to a former place; to one's rightful position.
- Domestically; in this country.
home [-s] n
OE hám < Germanic.
- Nest; perch; roost.
- Haven; refuge; sanctuary; safe abode; place of rest.
- House; habitation; dwelling place; place of residence.
- Familiar dwelling; comfortable residence; native country or place; one's own personal abode.
- Family; kinsfolk; loved ones; beloved group of people.
- Heaven; paradise; celestial realm; presence of God.
- Mortal existence; life on earth.
- Phrase. “At home”: at ease; confident; comfortable; free to relax; in one's own element; able to be completely oneself.
- Phrase. “At home”: available; able to receive guests.
- Phrase. “At home”: alive; living; not dead; not deceased.
- Phrase. “At home”: in; here; present; on the premises; at one's place of residence.