people [-s] n
AFr poeple < L. populum < populus, the people see person, n.
- Human beings; individuals.
- Masses; generations; large numbers of human beings.
- Mourners; those paying their respects to deceased persons.
- Creatures; animals, birds, or insects.
- Parties; concerned participants.
- Exotic nations; foreign cultures.
- Children of God; faithful believers; partakers of salvation through Jesus Christ.
- Souls; angels; spirits of human beings who have died.
- [Fig.] corpses; dead bodies.
- [Fig.] Plants; trees; evergreens.
- [Fig.] Suitors; admirers.