period [-s] n
Fr. < L. < Gk 'going round, circuit, revolution, cycle of years, periodic recurrence, recurring fit of disease, orbit of a heavenly body, rounded sentence' < περι, around + ὁδὀς, way.
- Moment; instant; designated time.
- Length of time; number of days, hours, or minutes.
- Season; portion of time.
- Real time; the present moment; [fig.] earthly measurements of time; mortal existence.
- Portion of the orbit of a heavenly body.
- Stopping point; time to pause.
- Life span; duration of mortal existence.
- Infinite series; endless succession; regular pattern.