- Rosy; orchid-colored; tinged with a delicate reddish hue; similar in color to a flower of the genus Dianthus; [fig.] brightly-colored; cheerfully-hued; reminiscent of spring.
- Blooming; mortal; vital; alive; living.
pink [-s] n
see pink, adj.
- Rosy-tinted flowers; blush-colored blossoms.
- Blush; reddening of the cheeks.
- Reddish-white hue; color similar to that of flowers of the genus Dianthus; [fig.] life; vitality.
- Phrase. “Pink of day”: sunrise; rosy light of morning; reddish hue of the eastern sky caused by the rising sun.