see praise, v.
- Acknowledgment; compliment; commendation; approbation; extolling; expression of admiration.
- Expression of gratitude; paean; anthem; hymn of thanksgiving; musical worship; [fig.] melody; birdsong.
- Poetry; verse; [fig.] enjoyment of beautiful literature; pleasure obtained through reading.
praise [-d, -s, -ing] v
OFr < L. preti-āre, to price, value, prize < preti-um, price.
- Compliment; commend; extol; express admiration for; pay appropriate tribute to.
- Eulogize; honor; glorify; pronounce a ceremonious speech of commendation in honor of.
- [Fig.] sing; warble; produce music.
- [Fig.] enjoy; find pleasure in.