mine [-s] n
- Excavation; place for extracting minerals or precious metals; [fig.] source of wealth.
- Mint; federal reserve; institution that makes coins; [fig.] source of riches.
- Cave; dark tunnel; underground vault; [fig.] tomb; grave; burial chamber.
- Hoard; reservoir; supply of money, goods, etc.; [word play on “mine” pronoun] beloved; loved one; being who is priceless to me.
OE, formerly used as an alternative form of my before nouns beginning with vowels.
- My deceased loved ones [indicating relationship.]
- The one that is part of me [indicating constituency.]
- Me; myself; as my own; belonging to me; [word play on the noun “mine”] my own riches, wealth, treasure, jewel, etc.
- My door; [referring back to closest previous noun.]
- Phrase. “of mine”: belonging to me [indicating relationship.]
- Phrase. “of mine”: belonging to me [indicating ownership.]
OE; see my.