see up, adv.
- Evident; manifest; apparent; [fig.] shining; giving light; full of sunshine.
- Awake; alert; alive; not sleeping; out of bed.
OE upp, up.
- Vertically; in vertical motion.
- Above; on high.
- Wholly; totally; completely [particle intensifier.]
- Away; in their place; not in view.
- Phrase. “Put up”: post; place; position above; station on high.
- Phrase. “Gave up”: abandon; forsake; relinquish; surrender; yield.
- Phrase. “Reckoned up”: resurrected; raised from death to new life; restored from below to above the ground.
- Phrase. “Take … up”: remove; rescue.
- Phrase. “Go/went up”: die; expire; perish; pass away
- Phrase. “Take/took up”: gather; collect; assemble; pack; bundle to carry.
- Phrase. “Rise/risen up”: stand; arise; get to one's feet; move from sitting to upright position.
- Phrase. “Shut … up”: enclose; confine; capture; detain.
- Phrase. “Pluck up”: remove; pull out.
- Phrase. “Break up”: unsettle; destabilize; cause to lose balance.
- Phrase. “Struck up”: arise; appear in; come out above; [fig.] decorate; embellish; shine forth from.
- Phrase. “Put up”: withdraw; cease from; stop using.
- Phrase. “Fold/folding up”: constrain; encumber; shut down.
- Phrase. “Put … up”: close; shut.
- Phrase. “Pick up”: find; obtain; collect; gather; [fig.] smell; sense; perceive; catch the scent of.
- Phrase. “Loop up”: decorate; festoon; adorn; embellish.
- Phrase. “Take/taking up”: lift; elevate; take from off the ground; [fig.] select; choose; profess; defend; proclaim; champion; espouse; support.
- Phrase. “Light/lit up”: shine upon; [fig.] enlighten; illuminate; inspire.
see up, adv.
- From lower to higher on.
- Forward in; forth through.
- Into; forward in.