lead [-s] n
- Darkness; gray color; dark hue; [fig.] thunder head; stormy weather; cloud cover; dense heavy atmosphere.
- Phrase. “Line and lead”: plummet; wire with a weight attached; lead-line acoustic depth measure; echo sounding method for locating objects underwater; [word play] thank you note; written or verbal expression of thanks.
lead [-ing, -s, -led] v
- Direct; guide.
- Precede; be first.631596 'Tis true Your Garden led the Bloom
- Cause to move; bring by force.
- Conduct; direct musically; sing the main part in a choir.