- Falsehood; untruth; something that gives a false impression.
lie [-s, lain, lying] v
- Be located; be set; be positioned.
- Rest; recline; be situated in a prone position; [fig.] die; pass away.
- Intercept; interrupt; act as a barrier.
- Reside; sleep; dwell in a low place.
- Exist; be in the state of; remain in a condition of.
- Appear; be found; be situated.
- Bury; inter; put into a grave.
- Phrase. “Lie down”: rest; recline; be situated in a prone position; [fig.] die; pass away.
- Phrase. “Lie in wait”: Hide; be enshrouded; obscure oneself; prepare to ambush.
- Deceive; prevaricate; speak untruthfully; make a false statement; bear false witness.