lip [-s] n
- Voice; [metonymy] person singing; choir member.
- Fleshy entrance of the mouth; [metonymy] person thirsting.
- Blossom; bloom; petal; corolla; part of a plant; helmet and beard of a floral corol.
- Mouth; [metonymy] body; self; person; individual human being.
- Labial articulator; [fig.] capacity for human speech; speech sounds made with the mouth.
- Beak; bill; nib; bird's mouth.
- Talker; speaker; gossiper; newsmonger.
- Opening on the lower front part of the head for kissing, drinking, eating, and so forth.
- Edge; rim; border; margin of something other than the mouth.
- Horizon; skyline.
- Maw; yap; animal's mouth.
- Poetry; creative writing.
- Crater; fissure; geologic fault line; [fig.] mouth of Mother Nature.
- Possession; availability; accesssibility; reach; grasp; disposal.
- Phrase. “Granite lip”: tombstone; grave marker; [kenning] cold corpse; dead body.
see lip, n.; the second occurrence of “lip” could be read as a verb instead of a subject noun, but that parsing is improbable.