love [-'s, -d] n
- Warmth; light; sunshine; positive neutrino energy; radiant solar heat; life-giving power.
- Expression of esteem; token of affection; act of good will.
- Devotion; loyalty; faithfulness; commitment to serve; [fig.] honor; memorial service.
- Courtship; [fig.] selfless sacrifice.
- Pure affection; perfect kindness; [personification] God (see 1 John 4:8).
- Wish; will; desire; affection; longing for something; [fig.] innate goodness; lack of enmity.
- Charity; benevolence; providence; divine care.
- Regard; respect; good will; [fig.] offering; gift.
- Charity; philos; agape; [fig.] gospel teaching; scriptural sustenance; message of salvation; [metaphor] Jesus; the Messiah.
- Beloved; dear one; most esteemed person.
- Filial piety; family bond; perfect communion.
- Union; harmony; unity between two people.
- Passion; intense interest.
love [-d, -s, -est, -ing] v
OE lufian, see love, n.
- Want; enjoy; have great pleasure in.
- Care for; entertain a great affection for; regard with esteem.
- Feel sorry; regard another in a pitying sort of way.
- Revere; venerate; worship.
- Like; express affection; care about someone.
- Have a platonic feeling; feel spiritual closeness to.
- Sacrifice oneself for others; (see John 3:16).