warm [-er] adj
- Comfortable; cozy; at an appropriate temperature; [fig.] alive.
- Summery; not cold; gently hot; well above freezing in temperature.
- Covered; sheltered from the cold; [fig.] safe; comforted; soothed; [metaphor] positive; hopeful.
warm [-ed, -ing, -s] v
see warm, adj.
- Revive; restore; resurrect; resuscitate; return to life; raise from death.
- Greet; accept; receive; clasp in welcome.
- Congratulate; honor; give happiness to; please by compliments.
- Phrase. “Warmed them”: got heat for themselves; increased their body temperature; [with reflexive pronoun.]