OE wel(l); see will, v.
- Desirable; satisfactory; sufficient; adequate; appropriate; good enough.
- Healthy; good.
see well, adj.
- Thoroughly; fully; perfectly; very much.
- Skillfully; artfully.
- Better; best; pleasing; fortunate; advantageous; wise.
- Phrase. “as well/as well as”: also; in addition to; not less than; to the same degree.
well [-s] n
OE wielle < weall-an, boil, bubble up: see wall, v.
- Spring; stream; flow; swell of emotion; [word play] blessing; goodness; health; well-being.
- Vertical excavation; cylindrical hole; pit lined with masonry; underground supply of water.
see well, adv.; pause marker; exclamation expressing surprise or astonishment; used to introduce a remark or cover a pause.
- Indeed; truly; really.