wheel [-s] n
- Circular frame of wood or metal; ring supported by points radiating from its center; [metaphor] world; planet; star; universe; heavenly body; [metonymy] carriage; wagon; vehicle; conveyance; means of transportation; [fig.] orbit; round; circuit; circumference; course; destiny; fate; fortune; circular path.
- Swirl; whirl; eddy; vortex; circular pattern from wind currents; [fig.] ballet slipper; dance steps; toe-dancing movements; fast-moving footwork.
- Cyclone; whirlwind; hurricane; funnel cloud; circling tropical storm front.
- Existence; outer self; visible behavior; sphere of influence.
- Circular frame by which a vehicle progresses forward; rim upon which something can roll forward.
- Means of locomotion; instrument of flight through the atmosphere; [word play] transport; ecstasy; exaltation; rapture.
- Circle; [fig.] sound waves; resonating ripple of consequences.
- Cycle; season; round; cyclical passage of time.
- Project; chore; job; habitual task; customary activity.
- Chariot (see 2 Kings 6:17); [fig.] storm front.
- Phrase. “Purple Wheel”: night; twilight; dark hours of the day; [fig.] depression; period of doubt.
see wheel, n.
- Go; roll; rotate; revolve; orbit; move out on a circular trajectory.