L. vītālitās, vital force, life; see vital, adj.
- Living being; animate creature.
- Animation; life force; existence as a sentient mortal being; breath, pulse, heartbeat, and brain wave.
- Movement; motivation; lively motion; ability to act.
- Feeling; emotion; sensibility; overactive mental and physical functions.
- Mortality; earthly life; human existence.
- Eternity; immortality; everlasting life; ability to recover from decay.
- Vividness; vigor; liveliness; life force; intense energy; [fig.] spirit; inspiration; illumination.