voice [-s] n
AFr and OFr < L. vox, voice, sound.
- Message; announcement; proclamation; declaration; spoken words.
- Speech; verbal expression; oral communication; way of speaking; [fig.] crying; feelings; emotional state.
- Vocal range; capacity for singing.
- Chirping; birdcall; birdsong.
- Intonation; human utterance.
- Noise; rustle of wind; rush of air.
- Sound; means of speaking; ways of communicating.
- Muse; revelation; source of inspiration.
- Dialogue; opportunity for conversation; [fig.] answer to a prayer.