late OE dúne.
- In a lower place.
- On paper; in letters; with an inscription.
- Into weakness; having injury; being defeated; in a low condition.
- Across; spanning through; in a linear movement along.
- Strapped; confined.
- Disappeared; vanished.
- Below; underneath.
- Descending from; dropping from; moving a higher place to a lower place on.
- Off; shut; closed.
- Below the horizon.
- Fallen; flattened; demolished; from raised to level position.
- In the grave.
- Soft feathers; fine covering of baby ducks, geese, and other fowls; [fig.] gentle clouds; delicate mists.
- Pillow; cushion; comforter; bed; resting place; [word play on down, adv.] snowbank; low place on the ground.
see down, adv.
- Lower part; inferior portion.
- Descending; lower; (see Leviticus 19:16).
- Opposite direction.
- Across; spanning through or across more linear movement.