chill [chillest] adj
see chill, n.
- Coldest; most frigid; most frozen; having much freezing weather; [fig.] barren; desolate; lonely.
- Cool; at a low temperature due to condensation; [fig.] deathly; ominous; foreboding.
OE ciele, cold, coldness.
- Coolness; sensation of cold in the body; [fig.] desolation; bleakness; loneliness of losing a loved one.
- Loss of body heat; gradual cooling of body temperature due to death.
- Shiver; thrill of excitement.
- Cool breeze; wintry wind.
- Polite insensitivity; unfeeling attitude; emotionally distant aspect; [fig.] lack of warmth; paucity of real affection.
- Shiver; [fig.] movement caused by a cool breeze.
- Blast; cold front; column of cool air.