ME < L. clar-um, bright, clear, manifest, plain, brilliant, illustrious, famous.
- Pure; ringing; distinctly audible; [fig.] unmixed; not muted; without the interference of other noises.
clear [clearer] adv
see clear, adj.; = clearly, more clearly.
- Unambiguously; easily; intelligibly.
- Distinctly; audibly; not obscurely; [fig.] boldly.
- Easily; plainly; unmistakably; obviously; decidedly; without doubt.
- Naturally; normally; actually; effectively; spontaneously.
- Visibly; unmistakably; in focus.
- Better; more discernibly.
clear [cleared] v
see clear, adj.
- Phrase. “clear away”: remove; dissipate; disperse.