old [-er, -est] adj
- Used; discarded; outdated.
- Former; previous; past; subsisting before something else.
- Ancient; long ago; [to express familiarity affection.]
- Eternal; infinite; everlasting; far back into the past.
- Long-time; long-term; of long continuance; begun long ago.
- Elderly; aged; senior; advanced in years; having lived for a very long time.
- Mature; advanced.
- Phrase. “Old fashioned” (see old, adj. + fashioned, verbal adj.): former; previous; obsolete; antiquated; passed by in time; pertaining to former days; according to ancient standards.