and [&] conj
OE and, mutual relation of notions and propositions; coordinating conjunction.
- Besides; also; furthermore; along with; in addition to; [connecting between each one of the words in a series; polysyndeton.]
- [As a transition device to begin a new or related idea.]
- [Connecting a pair of words or phrases.]
- [Connecting coordinate clauses or compound sentences.]
- [Connecting between the last two items in a list.]
- [As an ampersand symbol: “&”.]
- [Connecting the same word in repetition for emphasis.]
- [Connecting a post-position modifier.]
- Phrase. “And then”: Subsequently; following that.