angel [-s, -s'] n
OE < L. < Gk 'messenger'.
- Resident of heaven; servant of God in heaven; member of the heavenly host; people who have died and gone to heaven.
- Guardian; defender; protector; one of the heavenly host; white-robed officer in the army of God.
- Seraph; ministering spirit; heavenly envoy; divine herald; messenger of God; holy one serving people on earth; intelligent being who communicates God's will to human beings.
- Advisor; mentor; beacon; guide; spirit.
- Good person; friendly neighbor; [fig.] sweet little girls.
- Bird; winged creature in Nature.
- Phrase. “An Angel”: Jehovah; the Lord.
see angel, n.
- Celestial; ideal; pure; perfect; virtuous.