fair [-er, -est] adj
- Handsome; beautiful; attractive; appealing in physical appearance, character, soul; pleasing to the senses; (see Genesis 6:2).
- Honest; honorable; frank; open; merited; just; equitable.
- Pure; clear; unblemished; untarnished; innocent; (see Genesis 24:16).
- Light; white; without dark hue; (see Isaiah 54:11).
- Unobstructed; plentiful; open to access; direct as a way or passage.
- Clear; not cloudy; not overcast; calm; (see Job 37:22).
- Superior; excellent; triumphant; complete.
OFr feire, holiday.
- Gathering; outdoor market; city market in Europe; periodical meeting of buyers and sellers; (see Ezekiel 27:22).
- Beauty; dream; vision; optimism; aspiration; imagination; [fig.] poetry.