see fall, v.
- Drop; plunge; set; descend to a lower position.
- Autumn; season between summer and winter.
fall [-ing, -s, fell] v
- Drop; descend; decline; plummet; go down in motion; come to the ground; (see Genesis 45:24); [fig.] sound; utter.
- Die; depart from this life; wound mortally by violence; (see Leviticus 26:7).
- Apostatize; succumb to temptation; lapse into sin or folly; (see Leviticus 19:29).
- Lower; come down; [fig.] subside; come to an end.
- Faint; pass out; drops down from an erect posture; (see Genesis 2:21).
- Come to pass; approach; (see Ruth 3:18).