fit [-s, -ter, -est] adj
- Worthy; appropriate; good enough; qualified (webplay: pearls, vest).
fit [-ter] adv
Gk fit, suitable.
- Better, more appropriately, more suitably; more securely.
- Size; adjustment; snugness; the right size, as a garment.
- Phrase. “a fit” A garment that is well-tailored to suit the size and shape of the wearer
- Seizure; state of ague; fever with recurrent chills; [fig.] trauma; near-death experience; [word play] garment that is the right size.
fit [-s, -ted, -ting] v
Danish, to be fit.
- Be the right size.
- Accept; embrace; espouse; adapt to; conform to.
- Correspond; match; belong together.
- Accommodate; be suitable; be appropriate for.
- Adjust; adapt; acclimate; change to meet.
- Measure for; have something made the right size for a person
- Fasten; attach; cover with, as a garment.
- Beseem; became; be pleasing; be worthy of
- Join; make whole; unite; come together; merge.
- Shape; mold; make the right size.
- Phrase. “Fit into place”: set down; put in order; make room for; keep straight; [fig] hold a note.